Markertek Balanced Cables

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chas_T, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

Does anyone have experience using 6-8 foot runs with Markertek balanced cables?
    http://www.markertek.com/MTStore/Sto...aseItem=SC3XXJ
    Currently I am using Cat Cables top end copper RCA interconnects connected from my power amp to a receiver. I thought perhaps because I am buying a new pre-pro that has the ability to use balanced connections, these may be an improvement over the RCA connections.
    These cables are reasonable in cost compared to other balanced cables that I have seen on the net. They almost seem cheap compared to what I paid for the Cat's. The context of the word cheap here is not negative in nature.
    Would there be an advantage using balanced connections compared to the Cat's and does Markertek provide good quality products? These cables are very reasonable in cost but I don't want to just throw money away if it is not worth it.
    Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

2. GordonL

GordonL Supporting Actor

The difference between Markertek cables and the others is that Markertek doesn't use fancy audiophile connectors or cable covers. They cater to the professional A/V market where the only criteria is how a cable performs, not how it looks. Markertek uses Canare and/or Belden to make their cables so the cable itself should be as good as any other and is probably the same cables used by the on-line "audiophile" cable vendors.