What's new

Mark Levinson / Lexus Question (1 Viewer)

Patrick.Bu

Auditioning
Hi,

I was hoping somebody could enlighten me on this...

Does anyone know the sound format of a Mark Levinson Lexus vehicle?

Does anyone think it would be Dolby Digital Quality? Or DTS?

I've looked around and I can't find this information. Is it perhaps it's too complex a task to outfit a car with a sound format like that?

I totally appreciate any idea or links,

Thanks,

Patrick

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
:D

Dolby Digital Quality!? Redbook PCM found on your CDs would sound better than compressed 5.1 sound formats. Do you have a lot of DTS music discs you want to listen to?

I googled this: http://www.marklevinsonlexus.com/

Some neat stuff but if you want to play movies in full 5.1 wait till you get home. :wink: If you are really set on having it in a sedan look at something like this.

VinhT

Second Unit
I looked it up (http://www.marklevinsonlexus.com/levinsonforcarsd.html), and it appears to be two channel audio only. If multichannel audio was implemented, I am pretty sure the site would have made sure to mention it.

It is very easy to outfit a car for multichannel audio that makes use of Dolby Digital and DTS sound formats.

I think perhaps you are thinking about a different car brand. Current Acura TL's support DVD-Audio and DTS.

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
no offense to this guy and his system but there is better stuff out there. Try the old Alpine 7771( i think thats the model number...its 7 something) that has dual 24bit DAC, or get the Eclipse 8454 or 8443 HU. And that with CDT speaker setup(3 way setup with image tweets), JL 6W0 for midbass, and 2 IDMAX v.2 subs. Power all that by TruTechnology amps and it'll beat out anything. If you want to blow the people away get Focal mids and highs instead of CDT. Trutechnology is probably the best amps on the market( they are factory direct only) and will beat any other brand hands down, trust me....just check their website and read it for yourself. If you want to match the Eclipse's DSP, EQ and crossover features get the Burr Brown chip upgrade for the amps. Only system i know that could outdo that would be Alpines F#1 setup but you'll pay 10,000$ for the basic setup. The HU for the F#1 setup is 3k.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks