What's new

Marjorie Main Universal TCM Vault Coll., January 31 (1 Viewer)

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Great news . I've been waiting for Murder He Says for a long time . A really good horror comedy .

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I should've suspected this release after TCM debut an airing of Murder He Says a couple of months ago.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
[COLOR= #0000cd]About time MURDER, HE SAYS showed up, though they would have been better off doing a Fred McMurray box. And isn't it stretching things a bit to describe a two-movie set as a "collection?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000cd]Mike S.[/COLOR]

Stefan Andersson

Second Unit
Yes, a Fred MacMurray box would be great, and/or a box collecting films written by (not necessarily directed by) Preston Sturges, maybe with The Power and the Glory as an extra. Sturges´ name has already headlined one box, why not another?

Just chiming in, in case Universal/TCM follows this thread.

D

Deleted member 372755

How @ a Tony Curtis Collection since he passed away this year. My suggestions are:

The Purple Mask(1955)

Son of Ali Baba(1952)

The Prince who was a Thief(1951)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Feliz

How @ a Tony Curtis Collection since he passed away this year. My suggestions are:

The Purple Mask(1955)

Son of Ali Baba(1952)

I'd like to see that as well. Plus, twice Curtis played boxers in interesting movies Flesh and Fury and The Square Jungle, neither typical prizefight pictures, and both of those would be welcome on disc, too.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Both Alan Ladd and Tony Curtis are way under represented on dvd .

A set for Ladd would nice . They could start with this maybe : Glass Key, Lucky Jordan, China , Calcutta and Salty O'Rourke .

and for Curtis : All American ,Johnny Dark ,Square Jungle , Rawhide Years and Six Bridges to Cross .

Both actors have many more deserving films . But this would be a start .

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
My hope is that Universal will continue its backlot series with an Alan Ladd Collection. My choices of films to include would be: The Glass Key, The Blue Dahlia, O.S.S., Lucky Jordan, Saigon, and maybe The Great Gatsby.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
As for TCM, I was just reading its write-up on City Streets, an early Gary Cooper ganster film from 1931 that will be shown later this month. I predict that TCM will issue some Cooper titles, including this one. It sounds very interesting. My other suggestions would be The Virginian ("smile when you say that") and The Northwest Mounted Police.

ColbyCo82

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
Originally Posted by JoeDoakes

As for TCM, I was just reading its write-up on City Streets, an early Gary Cooper ganster film from 1931 that will be shown later this month. I predict that TCM will issue some Cooper titles, including this one. It sounds very interesting. My other suggestions would be The Virginian ("smile when you say that") and The Northwest Mounted Police.

I had the exact same thought. Would really like to see City Streets and The Virginian in a "Gary Cooper: The Early Years" collection. Maybe they could throw in another from the early 30s to make it like the Cary Grant collection (which had The Devil and the Deep.. which is more a Gary Cooper film than a Grant film, but I'll take it any way I can.)

genomovie

Grip
Real Name
gene
How about "DRUM BEAT", but Universal may not have the rights to that one.

My hope is that Universal will continue its backlot series with an Alan Ladd Collection. My choices of films to include would be: The Glass Key, The Blue Dahlia, O.S.S., Lucky Jordan, Saigon, and maybe The Great Gatsby.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
IMDB lists Drum Beat as an independent production from 1954. Universal would not own it, but I do not know who does. It is shown on Encore Westerns, and I would try to get it from there.

Originally Posted by genomovie

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen

IMDB lists Drum Beat as an independent production from 1954. Universal would not own it, but I do not know who does. It is shown on Encore Westerns, and I would try to get it from there.

Originally Posted by genomovie

Warner Brothers should still have the rights to film. While it was an independent film, Warner released in in US and international. It should then appear in the Archives,

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
[COLOR= #0000cd]We ran ONLY THE BRAVE (1930) a couple of years ago at Cinecon and it killed.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000cd]Mike S.[/COLOR]

Charles H

Screenwriter
Universal does own the rights to SASKATCHEWAN and DESERT LEGION, but all the Ladd production company product (except THE PROUD REBEL?) was released through WB.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Originally Posted by Feliz

The Purple Mask(1955)

Son of Ali Baba(1952)

Excellent choices. Always love Tony Curtis! Quite the looker in these films too!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks