MARIO & ZELDA in U.S ANIMAL CROSSING

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by john harshman, Dec 11, 2002.

1. john harshman

john harshman Stunt Coordinator

2. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

Now just get me a Punch Out code. [​IMG]
    Glen

3. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

You'll have to excuse my ignorance (don't own AC yet), but what’s the big deal? Are these updated versions of the games or are they just straight emulations of the originals?

Dean

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Dean-

They're just straight emulations of the originals.

The idea is cool, but I still own my NES Mario and Zelda games (though our Gold Adventures of Link is missing).

If they included some SNES games, I'd be really surprised.

5. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

Well, don't plan on being surprised anytime soon Morgan. We've already got lists of what games are in AC in the Japanese version, and I doubt we got anything extra.

But the real reason you're not going to see any SNES games in AC (and maybe not AC2 [pipe-dream]) is because most SNES games are turning a profit on the GBA. There's a great reason to just keep adding in NES games instead.

Dean, they are AC's gravy. The meat 'n potatoes of AC is the fun little Sims-esque game. The gravy is the perfect emulations of classics such as Balloon Fight and Donkey Kong.

It's a game plus a Nintendo museum. I only hope the rumors are true that the original Mario Bros. is in there. That's one of the best 2-player games ever.