Marilyn Manson DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Burkes, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

Is anyone else extremely excited about the Manson DVD that's due out Tuesday? I can't wait! DTS and Dolby Digital, I think! Should be good!

Rob

2. Robert Burkes

Well...I just found out it's been delayed...again! Maybe we'll see it sometime in August. Please post any news you have on this.

Rob

3. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Its been announced for 29th this month!!! sounds like a quality disc [​IMG]
    "Marilyn Manson: Guns, God and Government World Tour On Home Video and DVD DVD Bonus Feature Includes "The Death Parade" - 30 Minute Short Film of the Band's Last Trip Around The World, Personally Directed by Marilyn Manson Special Guests Include Eminem, Ozzy Osbourne, Slipknot and Tammy Faye Baker Giving viewers an intimate look into the world of Marilyn Manson, Eagle Vision announces the long-awaited release of Marilyn Manson: Guns, God and Government World Tour on home video and DVD. "This will help you see what it's like to be nailed to the wrecking ball," says Marilyn Manson. Distributed by RED Distribution, the DVD will be available in stores on October 29, 2002. VHS MSRP is 19.98 and DVD MSRP is 24.98.
    Marilyn Manson: Guns God and Government is a rare look at one of the world's most controversial artist's lifestyle both on and off the stage. Shot throughout the US, Japan, Russia and Europe, this release spotlights the performance that has made Manson truly infamous. Each track on Marilyn Manson: Guns, God and Government World Tour is compiled from different performances throughout the world, featuring high quality Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound and DTS mixes. Exclusive to the Marilyn Manson: Guns, God and Government World Tour DVD is "The Death Parade," a 30 minute short film of the band's last trip around the world. "The Death Parade," directed by Manson, give the viewers an "All Access Pass" to offstage life and a glimpse behind-the-scenes as the tour takes them from Tokyo to Berlin, Moscow to Rome, London to New York and everywhere in between. "The Death Parade" includes rare footage from Manson's own cameras as well as guest appearances by Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne and Eminem as he and Manson perform "The Way I Am" together onstage.
    The DVD, featuring over 100 minutes of footage, is offered in Dolby Digital Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound and DTS audio formats. "Working on this extraordinary project with Manson has been an intense undertaking," says Steve Sterling, president of Eagle Vision. "The video contains some of the most high end production values combined with the selects from 150 hours of the band's own footage from the tour. This project will not only blow people's minds, it will set a new standard for artists using the DVD medium. Nothing the band does is ever conventional, and this title is no exception."

4. John McDevitt

Just picked the DVD up today and I'm a little disappointed by the sound. What is up with the DTS(no bass) and the 5.1 mix(almost no center channel)? Factory error or a crappy mix?

5. RussellC

RussellC Stunt Coordinator

I am rather dissapointed by this disc as well. I can't believe that Manson approved this. I went to 2 of the shows on the GG&G tour, and watching this really didn't feel like being at the shows at all. I agree with the lack of center channel, it sounds more like his voice and the fans are coming from all channels and the instruments are coming from the mains. And the bass? Where is it? I thought my SVS sub would be rocking.

I thought this DVD was going to be more along the lines of the nine inch nails: and all that could have been DVD, which had excellent sound and a great concert feel (i went to a show on that tour as well), but it wasn't even close. Just my .02

6. Robert Burkes

That's very disappointing to hear. I bought the disc, but I haven't opened it yet. Looks like it may be going back to Circuit City. Bummer...

Rob

7. Robert Burkes

Well, I just watched the DVD, and as you all have said, the surround mixes leave much to be desired. However, I found the stereo track to be pretty good. I ran the stereo track through my receiver's 5 channel stereo mode, and it sounded very good, imo. Maybe you guys should try this out. Let me know what you think if you do decide to try it. I will say, I found this very entertaining, and I don't think any Manson fan would be disappointed with it. It's just not quite as good as it could have been. Later!

Rob