Marie Frederiksenn of Roxette has a brain tumor...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Kilduff, Sep 17, 2002.

1. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

Old news by now, but it seems Roxette's blonde beauty from Sweden, known for songs like "The Look" and "It Must Have Been Love" got a brain tumor when she slipped and fell in her bathroom a few days ago. Doctors are working on it now...

This is sad. Between this and Warren Zevon's announcement of terminal cancer last week, it seems like the Great Rock Band In The Sky may gain two more members soon.

This year has been a big one for music-related deaths...it makes me sad. Does anybody else have similar feelings?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I hope Marie gets cured and Warren goes into remission.

2. Mark Lee

Mark Lee Second Unit

Got a brain tumor from falling in the bathroom?!? [​IMG] If it is in fact a tumor, it's semi-irrelevant how she developed it (any brain tumor's bad news, even the benign ones), but last I checked, one doesn't develop a brain tumor in a few days because of a fall....
    Sorry, it's my medical pedantry peeking thru....

3. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

This is how I read it on an 80s message board I post at...

STOCKHOLM, Sweden — Marie Fredriksson of the Swedish pop duo Roxette has been diagnosed with a brain tumor, her manager said Monday.

The small tumor was found after Fredriksson fainted and hit her head against a sink last Wednesday at her Stockholm home.

The 44-year-old singer was examined at the Karolinska hospital and is resting in her home while doctors decide how the tumor can be treated, said her manager, Marie Dimberg.

"A number of tests have been made showing that Marie has a small tumor in her in the back of her head," Dimberg said. "We do not know how serious it is but hope for the best."
    ---------

Well, this is what I found at any right.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Thanks for the info on benign tumors.

4. Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm Supporting Actor

I would guess that the brain tumor may have been the cause of the faint and fall, not the reverse. Or she just fainted and fell, and the MRI at the hospital just coincidentally picked up an unrelated tumor.

5. MichaelAW

MichaelAW Second Unit

What John posted is basically what I've been reading in Swedish papers.

6. Mark Lee

Mark Lee Second Unit

OK, that makes a lot more sense. Oftentimes, the first symptom of a brain tumor may be a seizure, which could be what had happened here.
    In any event, while any brain tumor is bad, here's to hoping that it is in fact a benign one (which may be amenable to surgery).