What's new

Maria Full of Grace Review (1 Viewer)

Dave Hackman

Stunt Coordinator
Catalina Sandino Moreno who plays Maria is absolutely beautiful. It was a pleasure to watch her traverse the continents with packages that need not be picked up at the luggage carousal. She is a darling mule hoping for a payday and a way out of her hopeless life.

I can only compare this to City of God for the overall look and feel but at a more relaxed pace and more docile attitude. It was a joy to absorb myself into this filmmaker’s vision, which was filmed wonderfully. I really felt like I was there, its something about those scenes with just atmosphere to absorb, void of sound effects or loud music. All the characters seemed especially real and maybe it’s my unfamiliarity with the surroundings or the lifestyle but I liked what I saw.

I think reading subtitles makes the experience more personal and usually leads too a better overall experience if the dialog is written well and the story is interesting; thankfully this movie excels in both.

It’s refreshing to see a story about people without an overabundance of time spent on materialistic attachments and surroundings.

I wouldn’t watch this over and over again, but perhaps once in a while as a break from the many action/comedy/horror films that I see throughout the year.

A

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Maria Full of Grace". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks