What's new

Maria Full of Grace - Any SE News/Rumors? (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Having missed this film during its theatrical run, I watched Maria Full of Grace a few days ago and absolutely fell in love with it. I can certainly see why Catalina Sandino Moreno was nominated for Best Actress - her performance was simply mesmerizing.

Surprisingly, there seems to be very little discussion of the movie or DVD here at HTF. :frowning: The current release is pretty bare-bones. Has anyone heard of the possibility of a SE sometime in the future? I'd love to add it to my collection but will hold off if something more substantial is coming.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I watched it for the first time last week also, and absolutely loved it. It easily made my top 10 for last year, and I will most likely pick up the DVD at some point. Due to this film being relatively small, I wouldn't hold out much hope for an SE though. I'm fairly sure that the DVD had a commentary track on it, didn't it? --- So at least it's not bare-bones.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Yes. The current version is probably going to be the only one.

Besides, the writer won an Independent Spirit award last weekend and his speech was among the dullest I have ever heard at an awards show. He rambled on and on, for at least five minutes. If that is the way he is at awards shows, I'd hate to listen to a commentary by him.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought the commentary track was pretty interesting. I rented this DVD a few weeks ago, and right after watching the film, I listened to the commentary track, which is unusual for me, but I thought it'd be time well spent, and wasn't let down by the commentary track either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks