What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Having established Pat Boone as a genuine box-office star with a couple of hit 1957 musicals, 20th Century Fox naturally mounted another musical for him in 1958, Mardi Gras and assigned one of the great Hollywood veterans to direct it – Edmund Goulding.

Mardi Gras (1958)

Released: 18 Nov 1958
Rated: N/A
Runtime: 107 min

Director: Edmund Goulding
Genre: Musical

Cast: Pat Boone, Christine Carère, Tommy Sands, Sheree North
Writer(s): Curtis Harrington (story), Hal Kanter, Winston Miller

Plot: N/A

IMDB rating: 5.5
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Fox
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 480I/MPEG-2

Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
Audio: English 2.0 DD...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Oh well, we've become used to it now, haven't we? I would have bought this disc if the film had been presented properly because I like both Pat Boone and Sheree North, and I can never get enough of Barrie Chase.

I suppose someone is buying these pan-and-scan fiascos? If they're not making any money out of this, why do Fox continue to insult their natural market?

Malcolm Bmoor

Second Unit
Real Name
Malcolm Blackmoor
I agree with the disappointment at this low grade release and because I saw the film when new at an impressionable age when everything US was glamorous and exciting I might have bought it for nostalgia had it been in 2:35 & 4 track.

This forum is comprised of enthusiasts but the manufacturers understand that for too many people the film is the film is .... and they don't understand our desire for a quality experience. How many people do we all know who have a tv in a convenient corner and watch it with all the lights on?

It would be wonderful were the well known motto to be overturned:

Nobody went broke underestimating the quality ambitions of the public.

- but don't hold your breath. Last weekend BBC2 showed THE FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE in 1:1.85.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks