What's new

Marcus Welby and Medical Center anytime soon? (1 Viewer)

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
FYI: Just listened to the Warner Archive podcast interview with Gary Lockwood. At the end of the interview, they mentioned his other WA releases, and one of them was an upcoming release of Medical Center Season 2 (he guest-stars in an episode). No specific dates mentioned, but it's going to happen!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
That i great news! Maybe there is hope for Trapper John MD down the road!! Long live classic TV!!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Now if only Shout would give us Season 3 of "Marcus Welby, MD". At the very least, the title deserved one crack as a "Select" release if sales weren't that great as a retail one for the first two years. Then if it failed as a Select title, I could understand better the abandonment.

Wvdvdguy

Agent
Real Name
Jon
Actually, Chad Everett's wife Shelby passed away last year. I was very surprised his passing didn't receive more coverage. Looking forward to MC season 2!!

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Here's the announcement (a very cool bonus feature this time):
http://www.wbshop.com/product/code/1000351036.do?adid=0912WACNRbEml&ref=EW0912B
MEDICAL CENTER: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON (1970) With James Daly and Chad Everett confidently guiding the series, Medical Center entered its second year of television residency and continued to court controversy and stand-out costars. Medical Center had the prescription for history-making television with chief medico Dr. Lochner and super-surgeon Dr. Gannon bringing enough experience and youth to cover any crisis and bridge any generation gap. Giving and getting treatment in this 6-Disc, 24-Episode collection are James Shigeta, Phyllis Thaxter, Gary Lockwood, Bradford Dillman, Vera Miles, Stefanie Powers, Iron Eyes Cody, Roddy McDowall and Keenan Wynn and a host of other talents. Ills confronted this season include homophobia, class prejudice, drug addiction, sexual assault, malpractice, youth unrest and more. NEWLY REMASTERED
Special Bonus — This season, the makers of Medical Center agreed to participate in ground-breaking experiment in social science on the effect of television on behavior conducted by noted scientist Stanley Milgram. As reported in his book Television and Antisocial Behavior, one episode (“Countdown” with Peter Strauss) was filmed with three different final acts. While most of the nation saw one ending, select control groups in other cities saw the other two, with the research team attempting to ascertain what effect, if any, these endings would have on the viewer’s behavior. All three endings to “Countdown” are included on the disc as a special bonus.

Wvdvdguy

Agent
Real Name
Jon
Great new!! "Medical Center" is a show I'm surprised doesn't have more of a following. I love it!! A really comforting show to me!

Wvdvdguy

Agent
Real Name
Jon
Just picked up season 1 of Medical Center this week. Such a good show! One question. Some disks have 5 episodes rather than 4. Does that effect the quality? I've only glanced at the disks. Just wanted a knowledgeable opinion about it. One ep seemed grainier than the 4 ep disks. Maybe it was just one ep though.

Wvdvdguy

Agent
Real Name
Jon
Anybody have Medical Center season 2? I haven't seen any reviews. I was wondering about the picture quality.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
In keeping with the rest of this thread, I hope that Shout will at some point give another chance for "Marcus Welby MD" (not to mention their other stalled Universal property, "Ironside").

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
Great news! I so enjoy this series. Absolutely soothes me. I had a virus back in February & I spent 1 day on the couch watching nothing Medical Center. Yes I am saying this show chicken soup will make you feel better. Lol!!

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
Anyone know how the picture quality is on Medical Center season 3? Tough to get good reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks