Marchand XM9 EZKit X-over

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by kevin_u, Jun 2, 2002.

1. kevin_u

kevin_u Agent

Nov 24, 2001
    Anyone considering a external x-over might want to take a look at the Marchand XM9.

I bought it in a kit form, EZkit with upgraded op-amps. As the name suggest, very EZ to put together. The power supply and x-over boards were assembled. Just some EZ soldering to assemble the rest. I spent about 4 hours putting it together. This being the first kit I put together, I'm glad I took Thomas's advice and did not attempt the full kit.

I wanted the flexibility of different x-over fz's for my IB is the reason I wanted a external x-over.

The sound quality is excellent. The pitch definition is improved. One of my favorite bass heavy CD's is Peter Gabriel "So", alot of bass with slight pitch changes. I was concerned about how the x-over would affect the mains, no negative affects.

To say the least I'm very happy with the XM9. Phil Marchand was great to deal with, very nice guy.

2. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

Nov 6, 1999

I think that Marchand products are one of the better deals in audio. My experience is that the XM9's are very transparent...

Phil has always offered great customer service.