What's new

March Madness 2003 (1 Viewer)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Curt...Tom said the trash talking punk nature of Miller (which you kind of acknowledge) is what he LIKED about the kid. Don't take offense.

Ralph, YGM.

Curt_Dennis

Stunt Coordinator
His quote, "I also remember what a trash-talking PUNK that Miller was." When you capitalize PUNK, you are downgrading him. Trash talking, yes...Punk...no. Sorry, but I do take offense when someone attacks a friend or family member. I love talking trash myself when playing sports or games...messes with the other person's head. But, on with the tourney...sucks that we have to wait for the other games.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Hey Ralph, thanks for the tip on the Huskies being in HD this week. I saw them in HD last year and it was fantastic! I thought I wouldn't get to see them until they made the final four (yes, until :)); looks like I'll get to catch them in hi def a little earlier! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yay, I got all 4 games tonight right. I had Kentucky as the winner, but was rooting for Wisconsin... they put up a good fight though. Good to see Kentucky is vulnerable... Arizona will need that vulnerability. :) (Of course, who knows if AZ will beat Kansas again... they beat them earlier this year, so Kansas is probably out for revenge.)

I'm the leader in our little group by the way. :)

/Mike

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Same here. It's looking good so far, and still have my Final Four intact also.

I love Duke, but I had Kansas beating them. Reddick is just to inconsistent. He either has great games, or terrible ones. If that Kansas player had been on his game tonight, duke wouldn't have stood a chance.

But, with Duke's talent with a lot of freshmen, I think they will be a big powerhouse in the coming years.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I'm sure I'm getting killed in that group, but I have all my final four teams remaining. Still got a chance to win the pool...

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Mixed feelings last night. I despise Duke for what they have done to my Huskies in the past, (even though 1999 was SWEET REVENGE), but had them in the final four of my pool.

I have Kentucky winning it all but was impressed with Wisconsin and found myself pulling for them.

Too bad about ND and Pitt. Big East 8-2 now.

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
I thought UCONN had them:frowning: Well there is always next year

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
UConn DID have them. Gutsy performance coming back the way they did. They really didn't play all that well and were still in it till the end. Gotta make the free throws though. That friggin KILLED them.

Look out for next year. The only players UConn loses are role players Robertson and Hayes. Denham Brown, Marcus White, Rashad Anderson, all big minute freshman contributors are going to get the lions share of that extra time and UConn will be a force to be reckoned with next year. I'm already looking forward to next March.

If only Caron Butler had stayed in school:angry:

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Neil-
I'd hate to have a rematch with you guys in the Final Four....you guys are playing a lot better basketball than when we got you a month back or so....

Evan- you know what really got Uconn? The freak ball pinned against the backboard. If that doesn't get stuck, there are nobody but Huskies under the basket for a chippy and a tie game. That had to really hurt, given that it was such a freak play.

--Tom, Syracuse fan

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Only got 2 of the four games right yesterday... I switched between Mich St and MD like 5 times before I finally settled on Maryland...

Go ARIZONA!! :)

/Mike

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Evan- you know what really got Uconn? The freak ball pinned against the backboard. If that doesn't get stuck, there are nobody but Huskies under the basket for a chippy and a tie game.
Tom, that play didn't really bother me because the replays showed that Boddicker of Texas actually blocked Marcus White's shot there. Granted, even with a clean block that doesn't get stuck, UConn has a chippy putback, but the fact the guy made a nice play makes it easier to swallow.

Why White didn't try to slam it is another story all together. What's with these guys two feet from the basket who try to lay it in. Jam it home for crying out loud!

When Taliek Brown hit that crazy running layup and got hammered, I thought it was our day. There were some serious screams in living rooms all throughout Connecticut when that prayer went in.

Good luck to the Cuse the rest of the way. Need at least ONE Big East team in the final 4.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Tough luck Evan...I was really pulling for you guys. I actually picked you guys for the final four. The way you dismantled the Cuse in the BE tourney, I thought UConn was playing their best ball of the year. If the Cuse should find a way to beat Oklahoma, part of me would be happier playing Texas or Mich St because I think UConn just has the Cuse's number this year :) I was still pulling for you guys though. SU/G'town was always, with good reason, the best rivalry in the Big East; but I really love playing you guys now more than any other team. I think both SU and UConn just have a great history building, two HOF coaches, and mutual respect. I hope that your football program can build quickly so we can have just as much excitement on the gridiron.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I hope that your football program can build quickly so we can have just as much excitement on the gridiron.
Tom, new stadium opening up this year, a collossal thrashing of Iowa State at Ames, Iowa to end the 2002 season, the second leading freshman rusher in the country (Terry Caulley) behind only Maurice Clarett, things are definately looking up for UConn football. There is a definate excitement here for the first time in history. Hopefully we will be a solid addition to the Big East and not another Rutgers (sorry Scarlet Knight fans!)

As for UConn having your number, I think we just matched up well with you guys. We have a very quick team that can give McNamara and Anthony fits, while you guys don't really have an answer for Okefor (not many teams do).

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Wow, what a first half for Marquette. I don't know if they can keep it up, but if they do, I might win a few brackets.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
YES!!! Kentucky choked and bit the big one!!!

I'm currently in 3rd place in the pool I'm in and this should help me a whole lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks