Marc Lawrence has died

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Steve...O, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    One of my favorite character actors of Hollywood's golden age, Marc Lawrence has passed away at age 95. He had a 70 year career appearing in movies with everyone from Humphrey Bogart to Roy Rogers to Bob Hope to Arnold Schwartzennger. Series movie fans saw him repeatedly with the likes of Charlie Chan, Abbott & Costello, the East Side Kids, and James Bond. Check him out in The Asphalt Jungle for one of his better roles.

RIP Marc.

Steve

2. Bob McLaughlin

Bob McLaughlin Screenwriter

Bob
    Cobby died! I loved that movie. I am honestly surprised he was still alive. Younger HTFers should check this movie out if you haven't already.

3. Haggai

Haggai Producer

I also didn't know he was still alive. Sad to hear about his passing, but it is nice to see that he lived to such an old age. He was always memorable in his supporting roles in a lot of great movies.

4. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
  5. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    Cobby was wonderful, but my favorite Marc Lawrence role will always be as escaped gangster Steve McBirney in Charlie Chan at the Wax Museum, one of the best of the Chan films.

Come to think of it, he was in the original Dillinger also. Then about 10 years ago he was in the HBO version of Gotti (great movie). I can't think of a movie he was in that he didn't add something to the role.

Steve