What's new

marantz users help me plz. (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Is the store from which you purchased the unit an authorized Marantz dealer? Was the original seal on the shipping carton broken or altered? Was there any cosmetic damage to the unit (scratches on the faceplate or the chassis? etc.)?

Are you connecting the speakers correctly? Have you run the test tones (with an SPL meter on hand to check the results)? How thick is the speaker wire you're using?

Robbie_L

Auditioning
you guys cant be serious. I have a marantz as well and I watch movies at about -25 to -20. Are you sure you have your dvd players setup for DD or DTS? I would say it is a setup issue....0 to +5 or +10 would be extremely load for me....

agendrano

Grip
I also noticed that the max volume level is only up to +9 whereas the other models is up to +15.
Your Marantz have a max volume of +15 when you set all your speaker level to 0. If any of the speakers are set to a positive value, then the maximum volume = +15 minus the highest speaker setting of the system.

I had the same problem with my Marantz 5300 when I set it up, I did re-position my speakers because I suspected there was cancellation (I have a bipole for surrounds). When I moved my fronts half a meter farther from each other and have my surrounds facing each other and elevated about .5 m, I noticed a great improvement of my sound level.

My living room is quite small so I really do not have too much options on speaker placement.

gutierrez

Auditioning
What if the volume doesn't level up to +15 even if the speaker level vol. is 0, does it mean that there's somethin wrong with my receiver?

BTW how would I know if I have a bnew unit or a refurbished one? Is there any indication on the serial number?
My receiver looks new thou, any refurb receiver user?

Tamer C

Agent
I spoke to my dealer. He said since I calibrated at 0, playing below 0 is perfectly fine. Just not to go above 0.

Also, I checked my speaker settings and I had the sub at -10, once I made it 0, the sound from the other speakers was much louder at -20. Now I play between -20 to -10 and it seems louder than before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks