What's new

Marantz Still Worth It (1 Viewer)

Shaunm.sm

Auditioning
can someone advice if the maratnz sr7300 ose is still worth getting even though it has some noisy hiss issue please help. I am really unsure what to do;) ;)
and if not what other recivers are there for around this price range

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I auditioned two, in two different stores, and heard no hiss. I am very happy with the sound of my 6200, so I also bought a PM7000 to power my bedroom system.

Ferran Mazzanti

Stunt Coordinator
Yes I agree the 6200 sounds *great*. I bought it one year ago and still have it. i would only change it for am 8200 or so but amazingly enough, these units cost here in europe more than twice its price in the States. I guess the Marantz guys believe we europeans have more money to spend, which is unfortunately (at least for us) wrong :frowning:

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
John, how did you like the sound of the 7300 OSE compared to the 6200? Were you thinking of upgrading?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
ChrisAG, I felt the 7300 sounded moderately better than the 6200/7200, yet there is no difference in power delivery, which is why I am not sure about doing this. I have not had a chance to audition the OSE yet.

The 8200s are popping up on clearance around here, so I will likely look for a deal on one of them instead. With the upgrade (8200/9200), and a step up in power, I shouldn't need to upgrade my receiver for a while. I just missed a new in box 8200 for $1000, my dealer was clearing them out for the 8300's arrival.

Mark Dickerson

Stunt Coordinator
As an old Marantz buff, I was very disappointed to hear a recent trade magazine is reporting that DM Holdings, the new owners of Marantz, Denon, and now MacIntosh, has concluded that they are going to position Marantz on the bottom as the low end line, with Denon positioned above Marantz and MacIntosh on the top tier (deservedly so). Sounded like they are going to turn Marantz into another Kenwood or Panasonic, I don't know why they are doing this as Denon is already available at Sears, for crying out loud. So if you want Marantz, this will probably be the best time to get it before they cheapen the product.

Shaunm.sm

Auditioning
firstly i would like to thank the following users for taking the time and responding to my question:
John Garcia
Ferran Mazzanti
ChrisAG
Pablo Abularach
Luke_R
Mark Dickerson

thankyou very much:) :b :b :b :b :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :star: :)

i am espically interested in the news that phillips sold marantz to denon and mcintosh, does anyone know where i can get more information about this. Also would anyone know where i could get some pictures of the internal parts in the maratnz sr7300 ose (or any other 300 series) thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks