What's new

Marantz SR8400 and Onkyo HT-R510 help... (1 Viewer)

Niti

Grip
I am interested in the Jamo E805 bookshelves, but they are 4 ohm speakers. Would it be ok to use my Marantz sr8400 or my Onkyo HT-R510 receivers to drive the speakers? The receivers won't blow up will they? I know 6 ohms is ok, but I never had speakers rated at 4 ohms. The rest of my speakers are 8 ohms that will be connected to either receivers. Which of the two would you suggest me hooking up these speakers with no complications or does it matter since both are quality receivers? I posted this in the Speaker forum also, but would like some insights from the Receiver forum as well. LMK. Thanks!!!:)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Compared to driving them with an HTiB receiver compared to the 8400, there's no question which would be the way to go. The 8400 should do fine with just 2 4 Ohm speakers. I have an 8300 and ran it for a while with 3 4 Ohm speakers up front. I added amps, but it seemed to do OK with them at average listening levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.