What's new

Marantz SR7300 Video Pass-thru specs? (1 Viewer)

MWestyn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
Just wondering if anyone knows what they are...I'm upgrading to HD and would like to know if the 7300 will pass 100mhz (in other I don't want it to degrade the signal).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

PeterCB

Agent
The 7300 will definitely not pass 100mhz, since the 7400 which replaced it only passes 80mhz. Marantz never published the component video frequency response for the 7300 (at least it's not in the manual). That said, I have been running HD through my 7300 since day 1, and to my eye, do not notice any signal degradation (TV is a direct view Loewe Aconda).

I would recommend trying it both ways (through the receiver and direct to the TV), and see if you notice any difference.

MWestyn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
Ok, thanks. I had checked the manual and couln't find anything but thought maybe I missed it. And Marantz is not an easy company to get any info out of.

I'll try it both ways as you said. Not sure if it's true, but I've heard that most HD only actually takes about 38mhz.

Thanks again. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks