What's new

Marantz SR7300 owners... bug fixed? (1 Viewer)

gregD

Second Unit
I'm researching the SR-7300 and/or 7300ose for friends and family... it seems like a solid performer, but a few months back, there were indications on the various forums that there was a recurring minor bug in some of the units... this was in the form of a low-level hiss or whine which was audible when no sources were being played.

Search yielded nothing... any owners out there who have experienced this?... if so, has Marantz come up with a satisfactory fix?

One more question... where was your 7300 manufactured?

Thanx in advance!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Both of the units I auditioned, at two different shops, did not exhibit this problem.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
FYI: I also had a 6300 on loan, which did not have this issue. My 8300 does not have this problem either. It may have been a bad batch of receivers, but not a common problem with all of them. Still worth checking the one you buy, as there is a possiblity that it was from that batch.

Cary P

Stunt Coordinator
I listened to three different 7300 units and one 7300 OSE unit, and they ALL had the high-pitched ringing tone.

I haven't listened to any of the recent production units, perhaps the problem is fixed. Other than the high-pitched ringing tone (I would not characterize it as a hiss), the 7300 is a very fine receiver.

I wish Marantz would come out with a pre-pro based on the 7300/8300/9300 processing. I traded my 7300 in because of the ringing tone, and would like to upgrade to separates.

gregD

Second Unit
Thanks guys!

Me too... it would be nice to have another contender in the Outlaw / Rotel price range... Marantz hasn't done a pre-pro in years, though the previous AV-9000 was well-regarded.

The quest continues...

gregD

Second Unit
Thanx again guys...

Looks like the 7300 is a good (great?) buy, as long as this one issue is scrutinized -- and discussed with the dealer beforehand.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks