What's new

Marantz SR7300: Good for my setup? (1 Viewer)

After hopefully selling my HK AVR120 I am thinking about purchasing a Marantz SR7300 from acousticsounddesign.com for 699 + 29 shipping and I was just wondering if it will match up with my speaker setup correctly or if another receiver will be able to do a lot better job in the same price range.
Setup:
DVD: Panasonic CP72
Main Speakers: NHT VT2.4s
Center: NHT AC-1
Surrounds: NHT Superones
Sub: Acoustic Research S115PS
Center Surround: Supercenter (from when I had my old NHT Superones as mains setup)

Will these all work very well with the Marantz or would another receiver do a better job? Thanks!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I would expect the 7300 to work very well with the NHTs. NHTs are on the bright side, and Marantz is somewhat laid back, so they should pair well together.

The only risk I can see is that acousticsounddesign is almost certainly not an authorized Marantz dealer, so your warranty will be void.

Well I've read from them they support the manufact. warranty personally, so that works for me! :) Sounds like a good combo from what you say though, thanks!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I just auditioned a 7300 today. I was very impressed, and I will be stepping up to one as soon as I find a buyer for my 6200.

If they have their own warranty, just make sure it is as good as the factory one (3yrs?)

MWestyn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
About a month ago I purchased an SR7300 from Acousticsoundesign. I've had no problems and it works/sounds great!
They cover the serial # with their own sticker and ripped off a sticker that was on the bottom of the receiver, but that was about it...standard for Grey market. It's my understanding they support the mfr's warranty for the same term (3 yrs).
Another option is to check out hifi.com. They're an authorized online dealer. I heard they had a $120 coupon for christmas...not as cheap, but you'd get the mfr's warranty.
Good luck with the purchase...you'll love the 7300!!!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks