What's new

Marantz SR7200 owners, help with remote (1 Viewer)

Myki Cantero

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, how can I program my remote to have a button for "Source Direct"? It's weird that the SR7200 remote doesn't have a button for it so I have to turn on my TV, and turn on Source Direct mode from the On-Screen Display (OSD).

I don't want to waste money in buying a new remote. And I don't know of anyone who has the remote for the SR6200 so I can program my remote from that one.

Please help. Thanks.

Steve Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
You can not.
Another thing. If you want to be able to access speaker balance w/o watching OSD menus you must make complicated macros. Also no backlight. What is up with that?
The remote and some other reasons have driven me to be not very impressed with this unit.
On the other hand the 2 channel sound is fantastic for a reciever.
Just MO
Steve

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It may sound odd, but have you tried looking up a local dealer to see if you can just take your remote in and program the button? :D There is an S-dir button on the front of the unit also, I know that's not much help. I hated the remote that came with the 6200, and I wasn't too fond of the RC1200, so I bought an RC2000 MkII, which I am quite pleased with.

Myki Cantero

Stunt Coordinator
Steve, thanks. It's just that I was able to download an Excel file with all the codes for the Marantz remote including Source Direct but I didn't know if it could be entered manually into the SR7200 remote.

Anyway, I was able to borrow an SR4200 remote from a friend so I just copied the codes for Source Direct and the Dimmer function. :)

I'm pretty happy now. :)

Ferran Mazzanti

Stunt Coordinator
What still amazes me is that this remote does not have the Source Direct function built in... My 6200 does, and the 5200 and 4200 also have that. What's wrong then?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks