Marantz SR7200: how to....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Walker, Dec 8, 2002.

1. David Walker

David Walker Agent

How do I change the volume of each channel separately? (Specifically in 6 channel mode) I've done this on other receivers, but have not figured it out on my Marantz. Any suggestions?

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    You must do this from the OSD. There is no other way to do it, AFAIK. Once you have the OSD up, it is pretty straight forward. More specific information is located in your manual.

3. David Walker

David Walker Agent

i hope that doesn't stand for On Screen Display...(since I have no screen for that matter) What other special lil things am I missing out on without having a TV hooked up to my receiver?

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Unfortunately, yes that stands for On Screen Display, and yes, I think you will be missing out on one or two other things. This is the only way I know of to configure the digital inputs or you are stuck with the defaults. (if you are using analog only, then you should be ok).

Speaker setup - things like telling the receiver you have a sub, rear center, speaker distances in addition to the levels, speaker sizes for crossover, etc... The interesting thing is, it shows up on the front panel display when making changes, but I am not sure if you can browse the setup menus without the OSD.

*I have not tried setup without OSD, so this may be different if it is not hooked up.

Apparently, the new models now can be configured from the front panel without the remote.