What's new

Marantz SR7001 and 6 Ohm Speakers ok? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Eric
I just got a Marantz SR7001 receiver and some Revel Concerta F12 speakers. The F12's are 6 Ohm's each and the receiver says on the back panel where you hook up the speaker leads minimum 8 ohm for the Front A+B channels and 6 Ohm min for the surrounds.

The manual doesn't say any more than read the back panel for what ohm loads you can run. It does give a rating for power at a 6 ohm load in the manual. Do you think I'm ok to run my 6 Ohm speakers with that receiver?

Mike Gov

Stunt Coordinator
Are you even going to use speaker A and B at the same time? If not, with that receiver you will be fine with 6 ohm speakers

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Just the one pair of speakers or a full set? A single pair should be no problem at all.

Real Name
Eric
I would never run A+B at the same time. I only have a pair of Revel Concerta F12's hooked up the the reciever right now. In the future I plan on getting the center and surrounds and hooking those up to the reciever as well. I would run all 5 speakers when I watched movies. I believe the center and surrounds are 6 ohm as well. Will it be a problem powering all 5 speakers when watching movies?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The short answer is, you'll probably have to try it out, but I suspect it will be OK. I have an 8300 and it is capable of driving my set of 5 4 Ohm speakers at average levels. I have a large room though, and to reach elevated levels I added external amplification for the main channels and the receiver handles a 4 Ohm center and surrounds without issue, so if you try it out and it does not work for the levels you are after in your room, you can always add an amp and that will solve it for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks