Marantz SR7000 cutting out

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Ryan JC, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Ryan JC

Ryan JC Auditioning

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and I have a question about my Marantz SR7000.

With some recent home improvements, we had it unhooked and set aside for a couple months.

I just hooked everything back up last evening after 2 months. Now the receiver cuts out if the audio gets to a certain level, nowhere near loud.[​IMG] It does this for every input, CD, DVD, TV, or DSS. It makes a sound like I am turning the unit on/off but the unit does not turn off. After a second the audio returns and cuts out again until I turn the volume back down. The audio connections are coax, optical, and RCA.

I can't even turn it up loud enough to Listen to a good movie.[​IMG]

I don't have any idea why it is cutting out. It did not do this before. The display does not give any error or message when it cuts out. If it was clipping, I believe it flashes something on the display.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks
    Ryan

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Recheck all your wiring, specifically the speaker connections both at the receiver and at the speakers, you may have a short somewhere. If the wires are OK, check to see that your speakers themselves are OK, by hooking up one at a time, and seeing if it does the same thing.

3. Ryan JC

Ryan JC Auditioning

After I wrote this message I started thinking about a short. When I got home Friday, I checked the speaker wire at the receiver. Turns out the speaker wire was touching the back of the receiver.

Thanks for the reply.
    Ryan