Marantz SR6300 question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter_ OB, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Peter_ OB

Peter_ OB Auditioning

I hooked up my new Marantz SR6300 today and can't get the On Screen Display to work. I have an S-video cable from the the monitor out on the receiver to the TV and I also hooked up a composite cable with the same connections and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions? Also, the volume is very low. I have barely normal sound at -25db. What could I have done wrong?

thanks

2. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

If you have the s-video hooked in the back of the Tv make sure you have your input switched to that input (2 or 3)..
    so that you can see your OSD.

3. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Forget about the composite connection and don't forget to press AMP on the remote before pressing OSD.

4. Peter_ OB

Peter_ OB Auditioning

Thanks Chad & Chris - that worked. The manual didn't give that level of detail. My problem was that I didn't change the input to #1,

A couple of other questions:

I have tried to set the TV Auto on/off but can't get it to work. Any suggestions?

The volume when playing a DVD is low (-10db)compared to TV listening (-40db) Any suspicions why? I am new to this and appreciate the help

5. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Sorry, I don't use that feature, so I don't know what you can do. Not sure about the level difference either.