Marantz SR6200 - Good choice?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Trevor K, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Trevor K

Trevor K Auditioning

I have an old Kenwood (VR-305) for my receiver. Now, I have been told my system is lacking because of the receiver.

The Marantz SR6200 has come on sale for $497 (CANADIAN!!) at a store here - is that worth picking up at that price?

Or would you guys say hold off, wait for another brand to come onsale?

2. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

Marantz make good stuff. You might want to compare it with an Onkyo or Denon to see what kind of sound you like. It really comes down to if you're happy with it and has features you would like. If you're keeping your speakers, see what they sound like with the receiver. Take it home for a day or two on a conditional money-back gurantee. I, and I think most people here, would have no trouble with any of those brands.

Good luck!

3. Pablo Abularach

Pablo Abularach Supporting Actor

I agree with Jason comment,

I have an SR6200 and for me it is a very good all around receiver, music/movies. The only thing that I think it lacks is power(not much), but dont get me wrong it does move my JBL S26 very loud, but I do think it kind of stress.

I think I bought the best receiver of my price range, I dont think you could get a better deal or a better reciever than the SR6200 for $479 canadian, it is like the are given them up for free.

Buy it, you wont regret it.