What's new

Marantz SR 9200 (1 Viewer)

ArnaudP

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking for detailed information (specs, price and availibility) on the new Marantz SR 9200. I saw the ad in Home Theater magazine but doesn't provide too much details. As always Marantz web site has no info on the receiver.
Thanks

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
All I know at this point is that it is supposed to come out sometime in November and retail in the $3000 range. I also heard it will be 140watts X 7, be THX Ultra2 certified, have DTS-ES discreet and Matrix processing, also thx post processing. Marantz also claims it will be the world's first receiver where you can bring up the receivers OSD through the "componet out" feature. I do not know if that is true though(maybe someone knows of another receiver that can?) From what i have heard, it sounds fairly impressive so far. Anybody else have info on this unit?
Regards,
Dalton

Eric Lo

Agent
Wow, what caught me by surprise is that I see there are pre-outs AND main-ins for ALL seven channels in the picture of the rear view of the SR-9200 (and yes, the unit is made in Japan!). Does it mean that SR-9200 can also be a 7-channel amp?
-- Eric

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Sure looks like it to me Eric. Maybe I will sell my 7200 and a few other items if this baby performs as advertised. :)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
You could do some custom bass management of your own with a crossover inserted in that main-out main-in loop. ICBM maybe?
Too bad its 4 times the price of my SR 6200
frown.gif

[Edited last by Chris PC on October 16, 2001 at 08:29 PM]

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Chris,
Yes you can use an ICBM in that configuration. I e-mailed outlaw and thay said to use the icbm to alter my 7200's 100hz fixed crossover, i would need pre-outs and main amp inputs on my receiver. The 7200 doosn't have main amp inputs unfortunately
frown.gif
No icbm for me(yet).

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I had issues with the crossover of 100 hz before, but so far, I think its ok, but i'll have to do more listening. For the time being of was working in my front speakers full range. If I wanted an improvement over the 100 hz crossover, and 80 hz crossover wouldn't cut it, in fact, I don't like the ICBM's use of 40,60 or 80 because it skips the most usable area for most of us with full range speakers. Considering my speakers -3 dB point of 32 hz, I'd rather like to stay above a 60 hz crossover and yet the 80 hz is nothing special, so in order for an outboard crossover to be worth it for me, I'd have to be able to choose a crossover of between 65 and 80hz say 65, 70 or 75 hz? I might use a Mirage LFX-1 crossover with some outboard amps some time in the future. The LFX-1 has a continuously variable crossover from 50 to 100 hz.
How is your 7200 otherwise? My 6200 has video and audio noise problems and is going back to the puppy mill. Hopefully I'll get a new receiver to replace this one.
[Edited last by Chris PC on October 16, 2001 at 09:06 PM]
[Edited last by Chris PC on October 16, 2001 at 09:08 PM]

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Chris,
I have the s-video problem and i have notice a slight hissing problem so i am going to be taking it in to see what can be done. I know Marantz is fixing the s-video problem because my dealer told me about the recall last week. My main concern though is the hissing and possible lack of power. I really hope Marantz takes care of us. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks