What's new

Marantz sr-8200 Owners Manual (1 Viewer)

ChrisStierle

Auditioning
I am hoping that someone here might have a pdf version of the Marantz sr-8200 owners manual. I recently moved and somehow mine got misplaced. I have tried to contact Marantz directly (via e-mail) to no avail. This may be the last Marantz product I buy. I really think their quality is top notch but the customer service is horrible:angry: !
Anyway, I have configured the majority of things from memory but something is just not right. I have my DVD player hooked up via the 4th digital port (1st coaxial) and when I play a DVD sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have the surround setting on auto and the receiver looks for a signal flashes no "No Data" on the LCD screen and puts it into Stereo.
This is driving me nuts.
Any help with either of these issues would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks,
CS

Tony Lai

Stunt Coordinator
Marantz have never put their manuals up in PDF format.

Since their RC2000 remotes are so popular and so complex, you would think they would oblige.

"This may be the last Marantz product I buy. I really think their quality is top notch but the customer service is horrible."

Agree 110% on this.

Other manufacturers freely release their manuals in PDF format. So I will buy from someone else unless Marantz oblige.

T.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yep. Manuals have been up as PDF for a while, not that the manuals are all that helpful :D
Try switching to another coax dig. input and see if the same thing happens. How about the DVD config? Is the digital audio output setup correct? Do you have the same problem with the other coax inputs with other devices?

ChrisStierle

Auditioning
JohnFF,

The pdf on their website is just basic product literature. I am looking for the product manuals that come with the receiver.

John Garcia,

I have tried some different combinations. But because I just moved into a new house, the other half thought there were more important things to do than "fool around" with my HT (she thinks getting the furniture inside is more important than getting the HT set up. What is that all about.) This weekend I should have some more time. Thanks for pointing me towards the DVD player though. I'll need to look at that.

CS

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Oops, sorry, didn't realize those weren't manuals. I've never actually taken a look at them, I just ASSumed that's what they were.

ChrisStierle

Auditioning
Thanks John!:D This is really going to help me out a lot. You have probably saved me hours of trial and error.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.