Marantz SR-8000 Bass management Settings

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew Beacom, Sep 7, 2001.

1. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

I recently added an SVS to my setup and I've been wondering if there is a way to set different bass levels for different sources?
    At the moment I have the Sub setting at -9 db for music. I would like to be able to set my movie's at -7 db. I don't ever listen at reference and like the extra kick at lower volumes.
    I haven't seen any way to do this on the Marantz without physically changing it backwards and forwards. Any other owners run into this? Did I miss something in the manual perhaps?
    Thanks.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    You might be able to do it with a macro on a remote that has macro capability, but I don't think there is a way to retain settings for specific sources. I have a 6200 and it also lacks this feature, which would have been nice, as I change my sub settings similarly to you. My sub (Yamaha YST-SW500) has memory settings for x-over, volume and phase, so I have two settings for music and one for movies.
    ------------------
    All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
    to live beyond it's income.
    ITRCA ** Speedring (sorry, car guy)

3. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

This had occured to me. I guess it should work if it's my only option.
    Hmm, 1 macro to up the sub setting by 2 db's and 1 to reduce it I think.