Marantz SR 7400 owners and heat?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Chris PC, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I may be getting an SR 7400 which I may use in place of my SR 8000. I wonder how hot the 7400 is for those with the heat problem.

1) For those of you out there with a Marantz SR 7400 receiver, how is your unit for heat when idling, powered on and not listening to music, and also when listening to music and/or playing a dvd etc?

2) For anyone who had their 7400 fixed, how is it now?

I find that my SR 8000 stays quite cool, barely warm to the touch when sitting idle for an hour or more or playing music for an hour or longer with my bi-wired PSB 6T's, which are 6 ohms and 91/93 dB/1 watt/1 metre efficiency rated.

Thanx in advance for any feedback,

[​IMG]

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Hey Chris [​IMG]

The 8300 didn't get noticably hot (normal warmth yes, but not hot) even after hours of use. Now that I use the monoblocks, it barely even gets much above idle temp.

My PM7000 is the same, barely gets warm at all, but it is only driving 2 bookshelf speakers and it isn't working hard at all to drive them.

3. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Ok, fair enough. Thats good to know. Well, I finally dropped off the SR 6400. We'll see what happens.

Anybody else with feedback regarding the heat of the 7400? I ask specifically about the 7400 because I was under the impression that there was a problem specific to the 7400. Some have had it fixed.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I believe the issue was seen on other x400 models as well, not just the 7400.

5. Jeff D.

Jeff D. Supporting Actor

Chris;

We've had no complaints of heat issues with any of the x400 series. Our demo 7400, which was often placed in situations of less than adequate ventilation, never seemed unduly warm and operated a-ok.

Jeff.