What's new

Marantz SR-7200 is it any good? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Hey guy's. I really need some help. I am thinking about upgrading my receiver to the Marantz SR-7200. I already have the Marantz SR-7000. How does the 7200 compare to the 7000? From what I have been reading, the SR-7200 is not a good receiver. I am very happy with my SR-7000. Maybe the saying is true. If it is not broke don't fix it.
------------------
"I'm your Huckelberry"

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Jeff,
I have both of these receivers. First of all, are you upgrading for 6.1 or Dolby PLII or both? My 7200 has the "hiss" problem and the s-video noise problem(s-video problem has been corrected). I have heard that the hiss problem can be fixed also now. I have to talk to my dealer about it though. Getting back to your question, the 7200 sounds every bit as good as the 7000 IMHO. Surround decoding is superb on the 7200. I am using it as pre-amp with a Parasound HT amp. Although i did use it as a receiver for the first month. If you are interested in it just make sure the problems of the first production run a resolved. With that said, this is a fine receiver. BTW I like Circle surround 5.1 better than PLII. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks