1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Marantz SR-7000 Multi-room capability

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James_T, Oct 6, 2001.

1. James_T

James_T Stunt Coordinator

Can the Marantz SR-7000 be used to run two sets of speakers (in two separate rooms)?
    Or would one have to add a second amp and use the pre-outs to accomplish this?

2. James_T

Having read a bit of info on this and the AVS forum, it looks like I definitely would have to add a second amp, unless this is possible:
    Connect the pre-outs of the front speakers to the pre-ins for the rear speakers, and use those to run the second room's speakers. Either way this would not be used as a 5.1 setup in either room, so that would be OK if it works. So would it? Thanks.

3. James_T

Anybody?

4. James_T

*Bump*

5. Ricky c

Ricky c Stunt Coordinator

James:
    I also have the sr7000.I presently am using a niles speaker selector to run some outdoor speakers.I really don't like this since i can't use different sources.I m going to get a seperate amp to connect to multiroom so i can power the outdoors and use different sources at the same time.I believe you definatley would have to get a seperate amp at least this is what i've been told by many different people in the business.Using the amp would allow me to listen to music outside and still hear& watch HT inside.

6. James_T

Ricky: How much was the Niles speaker selector? This is for my parents, who usually listen to the same source in both rooms anyway.
    Would my above idea work with the preout and preins?

7. Ricky c

Ricky c Stunt Coordinator

I beleive it was close to 100.oo.I got it a couple of years ago.They have several models depending how many speakers you're connecting.