Marantz SR-7000 & 7200 owners - Remote

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChrisAG, Oct 28, 2001.

1. ChrisAG

ChrisAG Supporting Actor

Last week I purchased the RC1200 remote for my SR-6200, and for the most part I think it's great. However, when trying to program a macro that will turn on (and off) the amp plus another component (such as TV), the TV part works fine, but the amp turns off then on again (when I want it off!). I've tried different sequences, to the same result. Can someone list a successful programming sequence for this?

2. ChrisAG

ChrisAG Supporting Actor

7000 users? 7200 users? Plain 'ol RC1200 users?

3. Steve_Ma

Steve_Ma Second Unit

Hi Chris,
    I don't have the answer, but interestingly enough. I also have the same prob with that remote. Only for me, it's the TV. So I too am interested in feedback.
    --S

4. Mike Dr

Mike Dr Stunt Coordinator

it may have something to do with the length of signal or periods of pause in between signals. I dont remember how the 1200 works too well, but i believe there should be a way to set delays and such...
    ------------------
    -Mike (aka Fiddler)
    My DVD's

5. ChrisAG

ChrisAG Supporting Actor

I tried switching the command order. As long as the Amp On/Off command is executed first, it seems to work properly.

6. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Second Unit

Can you program discrete 'on' and 'off' signals into that remote? The SR-7000 for sure, and most likely the SR-7200 also, has discrete signals for 'on' and 'off'. I have my RC5000 remote setup with one macro button that turns on the TV and receiver, and another macro that turns them off--both macros use discrete on/off signals.
    ------------------
    This screen has been formatted to fit your movie.