Marantz SR-6200 remote

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChrisAG, Sep 12, 2001.

1. ChrisAG

ChrisAG Supporting Actor

Aug 26, 2001
    Maybe those of you with this receiver can help me with this problem. I have programmed the codes for my TV and Satellite into the remote, but it won't accept any more components (such as VCR and DVD). When I try, the two LEDs blink. Could the memory be full after just two components?
    Thinking I might start again from scratch, I tried to clear the remote's memory as per the manual's instructions, by setting the toggle switch to "Learn," pressing the Amp Power OnOff keys simultaneously, then setting the switch back to "User." However, it didn't work - the learned codes were still present, and it still refused to learn new ones.
    I can live with the remote despite the crummy ergonomics, but if it has skimpy memory I may have to replace it with something better.
  2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

Jun 24, 1999
    It depends on the size of the codes for the components vs the memory size. There is a limitation, though I don't remember what it is.
    I was able to get my DVD, TV and CD codes in there with no problem, though I don't like the remote. I went with a Marantz RC2000 instead. Not bad at all for the price. LOTS of memory, backlit, macros, etc...
    All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
    to live beyond it's income.
    ITRCA ** Speedring (sorry, car guy)