Marantz owners!!! Help!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by DorianBryant, May 18, 2005.

1. DorianBryant

DorianBryant Screenwriter

I picked up the sr5000 and the sr4300 from another HT member. I really like the sound but neither have remotes. I am waiting for both the Marantz rc5000 and the rc2000 to come via Flea-Bay. I read that both have Marantz codes pre-programmed. The 4300 needs a remote to do set-up. I am hoping to keep one receiver/remote and sell the other.

Can anyone verifiy if this is the case? I hate the fact you can't set-up the 4300 without the remote. Any suggestions?

Anyone know the real differences between the two units?

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Differences between the remotes or the receivers? Is the RC5000 a touchscreen? If so, I never liked any of the Pronto based ones that Marantz includes. I have the RC3200 that came with my 8300, and I hate it. In the 3200s place, I use my trusty old RC2000 mkII that I love.

The codes for all basic functions for Marantz gear should be in the RC200, however some codes for specific functions, like OSD or setup, and definitely for processing functions not present at the time like 5/6ch stereo, DTS NEO:6, 6.1 functions, etc..., may not be present. What you can probably do though, is go into a local Marantz dealer and ask them to let you program any codes you need from one of their remotes for a 4x00 or 5x00 - the RC2000 will retain the codes in memory for quite a while even if the batteries die (a nice feature).

Among my various setups, I have a SR-5000 also, and I've always liked it. (I saw your ad in the for sale section too).

3. DorianBryant

DorianBryant Screenwriter

The RC2000 came today and I was able to set-up the 4300. John,do you think it is a fair price for the 5000?

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Yes. I was actually going to give you a free bump because I thought that was a pretty fair price for the two together. I'm sure, as always, people will lowball it though.