What's new

Marantz or Yamaha? (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well hopefully you've placed your sub in a corner which should help out matters. Nonetheless, as you stated earlier, "Most important is bass management.I need bass management with many options., it's puzzling that you chose a receiver which was completely opposite to what appeared to be your #1 requirement.

John Roger

Stunt Coordinator
Well, the reason why i wanted bass management options is because i previously had a big headache with my old amp.It send LFE aswell as all bass to speakers selected as "large" even if sub is selected "Yes".

The sub also handles all those bass!

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=200852

This ones better.LFE is send to sub only.And i have an option to select if the front bass is independent or send to sub aswell.This is the #1 option i wanted!

The Yamaha only had one advantage.Crossover setting can be changed, to 80hz.I think this is not necessary since my fronts can handle low bass.And the next largest speaker is only the center.

The JBLs bass is good tight.I think it would be better to leave it large.

skip marr

Stunt Coordinator
Boston also makes a great clock radio for $150 - check that out and it will be the best $150 you ever spent!

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Without knowing what JBL's you've got, it's hard to offer a comment. Having the ability to have different crossover options is something that's not to be underestimated. BTW, Accessories4less has/had that Marantz (refurbed) for around $300 or so.

John Roger

Stunt Coordinator
I use JBL LX44 for fronts.On playing some materials it does sound very bright even with my marantz.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks