What's new

Marantz nr1604 and Playstation 5 - 4k transmission issue (1 Viewer)

Raphael75

Auditioning
Real Name
Raphael Miranda
I have been using a receiver Marantz nr1604 for some time with all my devices. I recently bought a playstation 5 and when plugging the video game to the receiver and the receiver to a 4k TV (LG) the message appears that the PS5 cannot transmit in 4k.
The settings in marantz are released for passthrough in 4K but still it is not allowed to release 4k on ps5.
When I plug the ps5 directly into the TV, the 4k option is available.
When connecting my MiBox it allows passthrouth at 4k / 30Hz.
Would anyone know how to solve this problem?
Thank you very much

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Supporter
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The NR1604 is only minimally 4K compatible. It should work with video sources, like UHD discs, but the Playstation wants a higher level of 4K. Probably hdmi 2.2 (the 1604 is 1.4) high frame rate and VRR, none of which the 1604 is capable of. Unfortunately, no current receiver appears to be fully compatible, so your only solution at the moment is probably to run the Playstation through the TV first.

Raphael75

Auditioning
Real Name
Raphael Miranda
Thank you very much, I was racking my brains trying to find a way to make it work. I even thought of a defect in the HDMI plug.
I was already using the HDMI ARC, plugging the PS5 first into the TV and then the audio through the ARC in marantz.
I appreciated that!
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moviefan88