What's new

marantz mm9000 (1 Viewer)

Mike Nep

Stunt Coordinator
I'm interested in the mm 9000 5 channel amp. Anyone have any comments to make about this product? Looks like the price is going down also. Thanks!

Dan_C

Agent
Mike-

I've been a happy owner of the MM9000 for several months. I use it to boost the power of my HK receiver. I use it for both music and HT applications and have been pleased. I looked around for awhile and this amp was definitely the best amp for the buck.

The only minor complaint I have is that it isn't remote control (unless you have a marantz receiver/preamp which it will connect to). However, I plan to get around this with one of those remote ac outlets you can get at radio shack.

Robert Ma

Second Unit
You can connect the Marantz MM-9000 remote turn on to any video source output to turn it on and off. There also may be a way to trigger it with power but I'm not sure the details. Maybe a Marantz dealer could assist you in the remote power on feature without using a Marantz receiver.

My comments on the MM-9000:

Excellent sounding amp. It will tone down bright speakers. I like it better for both music and movies then my previous setup with a Carver A-753x. It is more musical then my old Carver and my SR-19's internal amps.

Be careful though. It is well known that it is not the juicyest amp in the world and if you have a large room, this might not be the way you want to go. I have a small room so the 150wpc is fine.

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks