What's new

Marantz MM9000 or Adcom GFA-7605 amp? (1 Viewer)

BaN

Grip
Hi,

I'm in the market for 5-channel amp for my home theater. My budget is under $1K so I'm looking at the 2 amps mentioned in the title. What do you recommend?

TIA,

BaN

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
I love Marantz (I have the AV9000) but thay missed the mark on the MM9000 amp, even if they didnt it would be a tuff choice, IMO the Adcom is the better amp. I have lost track of Adcoms numbering system, I assume the power rating is similar to the MM9000 if so pick the Adcom.
It troubles me to speak ill of the MM9000 because I really wanted the AV9000 and MM9000 combo, but I use a Rotel 985THX mk2 110x5 that beats the Marantz, I have had them both hooked to the AV9000 in my room on my NHT Super Ones. . . .The rotel is better IMO. . . .

BaN

Grip
My local dealer wouldn't sell me the Rotel RMB-1075 for less than $1K :frowning:

TomH

Second Unit
Stay away from the MM9000. It specs more like a receiver amp section than separates.

Mike Butny

Stunt Coordinator
Check out Marantz mono blocks if you don't like the their 5 channel amplifier. I believe Marantz 5 channel amp has more power than the rotel that was recommended to you.

Daniel Mai

Stunt Coordinator
Ban,
You're not talking about Audio Video Today Westminster are you?
I was there in Nov. and the salesman named Mark was more than happy to sell me one for 10% off ($900), but I didn't buy it since it's black and I wanted silver. I had to drive to Pasadena to get the RSP-1066 and RMB-1075 in silver from another dealer who also made me a decent deal.
I sent you a PM about your RP82, but didn't get a response back, please email me at [email protected] about it or if you want more info about the Rotel stuff.

BaN

Grip
Daniel,
I did get your message and I'm sorry I didn't get back to you but the player has been sold.
Yes, I was referring to AudioVideoToday. Rotel gear must be in demand now because the salesman, Dan, was very firm about the price: $1K for the 1075 and $1.5K for the 1066. I already bought a used Lexicon DC-1 as my processor so I'm just looking for 5-channel amp to complete my setup.
Thanks,
BaN

Daniel Mai

Stunt Coordinator
Ban,
Dan is a little tougher to deal with. I had to actually negotiate with him and it didn't go too far. Well, I accidentally came in on his days off (Wed. & Thu or Thur. & Fri.) and I just started to get into a conversation w/Mark and He said he would take 10% off. I didn't even have to ask. Anyway, I ended up at Sound Factor in Pasadena and they took care of me. Sound Factor actually has a lot of Rotel in stock, A/V today only have certain ones.

BaN

Grip
Daniel,
Pasadena is just a little to far for me to drive. Thanks for the info though.
BaN

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks