What's new

Marantz MM-9000, anyone own it? (1 Viewer)

Mike_T_

Stunt Coordinator
I've been looking into getting an Amp and recently found a great deal on one of these, $750. It's a TXH Ultra certified, 150wpc 5 channel amp. I'm looking to pair it with the Paradigm Studio 100's. I'm just curious as to whether or not any of you have had good/bad experiences with this unit?

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
While I don't have any experience with this, it was on my shortlist of amps when I was purchasing amps. $750 is a good deal on a 5x150W multi channel amp, so I don't think you could go wrong.

Frank Frandsen

Stunt Coordinator
I just purchased a refurbished one and am very happy. THX certified and runs very cool. Using it to power subs and rear surrounds. Still trying to figure out how to get the pre amp trigger to work, Marantz makes it difficult to use with different manufacturer's equipment. The manual claims it puts out 170 wpc at 8 ohms. I thought it was only 150? Excellent value at either output, however.
FF

Mike_Ol

Auditioning
I picked my MM9000 up for $699 about 3 months ago and love it.
I too had problems with the trigger, as I'm using a Rotel RSP980 Pre/pro. Here's what I did: If your pre/pro has an on screen display, split the signal with a y-cable and send it to the "video" trigger on the MM9000. I'm not sure if it will work with all brands, but it works great with the Rotel - takes about 2 seconds to trigger the amp after I turn on the pre/pro.
Either way, it's a nice amp for the price!
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks