What's new

Marantz MA500 automatic turn on? (1 Viewer)

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
I just got a pair of MA500 monoblocks for my home office system. How can I get one amp to trigger on the other amp?
Also, my adcom gtp600 preamp has two switched outlets, each rated to "500VA Max." Is it safe to plug the monoblocks' power cords straight into the adcom's switched outlets? I'm sure each ma500 draws less than 500VA, but don't have the manual (does anyone have the owners manual?).
The adcom even has a 3rd unswitched outlet rated to 800VA Max, so it seems designed to have some components plugged into it.

DanG

Stunt Coordinator
The MA-500 power consumption( according to the manual) is at full rated output into 8ohms - 230 watts. So you should be all right.
The MA-500's do have remote turn on capabilities but can only be triggered on by Marantz components.
My suggestion would be something like a Panamax 1000 power-centre, line conditioner. It can be remotely turned on by your adcom's power cord and with the MA-500 plugged into the Panamax it would then be turned on.
------------------

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
Thanks Dan. I plugged the two amps into the Adcom's switched outlets and everything seems fine. No perceived loss in sound quality too :) It's good to be able to use this nice adcom feature. Otherwise, I was tempted to get rid of the adcom and picking up a used Marantz AV600 :)

DanG

Stunt Coordinator
Well I had a 20 year old Sony receiver driving my huge passive M&K subwoofer and tolerated the situation. However the purchase of the RP91 DVD player forced me to upgrade my system a little and the MA-500 now drives the sub-woofer.
IMPRESSIVE!
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks