Marantz MA 700 monoblock discontinued?? Help me !!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ben Rogers, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Ben Rogers

Ben Rogers Stunt Coordinator

Powerful Marantz monoblock is discontinued and I have a hard time finding brand new blocks. I tried New world audio, downtown audio. all major local electronics stores and still no luck. Does any1 know where can I get som new blocks? Thanks

2. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

I just checked the marantz site
    http://www.marantz.com
    and it appears that this might be the case. It looks like the only Monoblock they are showing is the MA6100 which replaced the MA500. Incidentally, several people who have compared the MA500 with the MA6100 say the 6100 is an improved model.
    I own three MA700s (which I love) for use in my front soundstage. If and when I ditch my receiver (DENON 5700) I'll either get a combination amp (Outlaw or similar?) or, very likely, as many MA6100's as I need to power all my surrounds. But that's a while into the future.
    If you are really set on MA700s then you might see if some vendors still have some in stock before they are all gone.
    ------------------
    RAF
    [Demented Video Dude since 1997]
    [Computer Maven since 1956]
    ["PITA" since 1942]
    My HT (latest update 02/05/01)

3. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Try
    www.audioclassics.com (They had them last time I looked.)
    www.audiogon.com
    and of course ebay.
    There's also jeffssoundvalues.com, but I haven't looked there in a while.
    I never actually owned one of these amps, but I have admired them from afar!
    ------------------

4. JerryIII

JerryIII Stunt Coordinator

5. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

For once I'm on the right end of a deal....about 60 days ago I started purchasing 7 of the 700's in the B-stock, new and used market. Luckly, I was able to put together all seven. The sources I used were a "wanted" ad onwww.audiogon, purchased fromwww.tsto.com, wildwest electronics (new unit), and sound works (they were very poor in the communications department and abrasive to deal with at times, but the product was as described, at a fair price). I had no idea at the time that they'd be discountinued. I would imagine they'd be replaced with another model.
    Ron

6. Jeff Blair

Jeff Blair Second Unit

I went by my local dealer about a month ago. He told me that they are stoping them, but they are comeing out with a new line to replace them. Sorry I can't remember what the name of it was. [​IMG] I know, bad me. hehe
    ------------------
    Jeff Blair
    Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
    - Abraham Lincoln
    My DVD's

7. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

nOrh is coming out with their Le Amps still available at an intro price of $195 each. They'll be going up to $295 each.

8. KevinHunt

KevinHunt Stunt Coordinator

I purchased 3 of the MA6100s for my center and surrounds. I like them very much and have also heard they are a slight improvement over the MA500s they replaced though I never listened to any of those. The MA6100s may do the trick depending on your speaker impedence and sensitivity(it drives my 4ohm M&K S150 center fine) or you could wait for the 700's replacement which hopefully will be an improvement also. They won't quite keep all of their composure at reference levels, which I won't listen to for more than 5 sec., but for the money, they are fine little amps. I have a Bryston 4B for my mains so no worries there, but I could not afford Bryston all the way around.
    ------------------
    -Kevin