1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Marantz DVD players

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark C., Aug 24, 2001.

1. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

Excuse this post, but the search function isn't working and I need some feedback. I don't read too much about Marantz DVD players on this site, but I'm considering a buy. The unit I'm looking at is the DV-7010. I don't have an HDTV-ready set, so progressive players don't interest me at this time (I plan on holding on to my Mits 35-inch tube for another 5 years).
    I like my Marantz 5-disc CD changer so I was thinking of putting the Marantz 7010 in my HT. I specifically want to know how these player do audio and video (s-video only) wise and also about how they handle layer changes. My current player, a Pioneer DV-525, does a very good job, but the layer changes are very noticeable.
    thanks in advance

2. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

Bump. C'mon you guys. Someone must have experience with Marantz DVD players.

3. Ben Rogers

Ben Rogers Stunt Coordinator

Hi Mark
    Heheheheh [​IMG] you are so funny. I did try the marantz DV-18 Mark 2 for a week and I am aMarantz fan but come to DVD player, Marantz is far behind interm of video. It doesn't look as good as Sony or Pioneer but I love the audio. The Marantz player produce very clean sound however there is not much bass produce, So if you want to get marantz player, you have to have powerful subwooferto fill in some low notes. I have Marantz SR-18 as preamp and 5 Ma700 mono 200watts amp to prove to you that I am a Marantz fan.And my email address is also Marantz hehehehe [​IMG]