What's new

Marantz DV7600 Concern (1 Viewer)

BassOdyssey

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Hi, Ive recently purchased the Marantz DV 7600 to take the place of a LG model. To get straight to the point and the nature of my concern.

When I play movies/cd's through the 7600, after I eject the disc over a period of even 30 mins, and the disc is noticably warm. How warm, Well not melting point but enough for it to be a concern if that means anything. I realize discs after being played will be warm, but Ive have'nt had a disc this warm with my other dvd players.

If anyone else has experianced the same thing with this model, let me know. Or in general if any one can confirm this is normal.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Thanks
~Chris

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I have the DV9600 and have not really noticed anything like that. I just checked a CD playing. The machine has been on for an hour and a half to two hours and it was barely warm. Is the unit in an enclosed environment? Mine is on an isolation platform with probably 1.5 inches above it before the next shelf and the back is open.

BassOdyssey

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Hi Phil, and thanks for the quick reply,

The player is some what enclosed, leaving 1 inch above model, 3 inches to the sides and the back is open. The machine itself is not so much of a concern, more so the tempature of the disc, after having some play time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshuagilbreath