Marantz DV-4300 dvd comments / problems

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Gleb Yushin, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Gleb Yushin

Gleb Yushin Auditioning

Hello guys,
    I recently bought this dvd player (Marantz DV-4300) from accessories4less (which means that I bought it refurbished). Although I am very pleased with its sound quality (it is very-very good!!!) but it looks like this player has serious problems. Let me explain:

My first player (which I returned already) in the middle of the movie could: 1) start playing @ 2x then 4x then 8x and so on speed 2) start switching between different menu options, 3) start switching between different scenes 4) just turn itself off. It looked exactly like if someone were pressing the proper button on the remote control (and beleive me - nobody was). To make sure that it is not the fault of the remote I took the batteries out of it... Did not help[​IMG] Interestingly, the sudden action had no connection to a specific moment in the movie - so it could not be some kind of dust or scratch problem... I should also note that to stop the unwanted action I had to stop the playback or turn the player off. Nothing else helped Another annoying thing was that the display was not working properly. Sometimes it just did not want to show anything...

Well, I called the company and they kindly replaced the unit at no extra cost. Since it was a refurbished dvd player I did not complain too much. But .... the second player is starting to behave almost identical to the first one. Of course, I will send it back but it just surprises me that a DVD from such a respectful company as Marantz can be such a trash [​IMG] I am wondering if somebody else had the same problems.
    Please leave your comments.
    Thank you,
    Gleb.

2. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

I was thinking about buying this one but I could not get any replies on it. Hopefully you will have some luck I was going to go refurbished. I wonder if a brand new one would do the same.

3. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

Ohh yeah I just saw you are new to HTF. Welcome there are plenty of people to help in here ask anything you want. You can also type 4300 in the search this forum box and see what you can find.

4. Gleb Yushin

Gleb Yushin Auditioning

Hello:
    I moved the player to another room and it started to play as it should [​IMG] (no crazy stuff). I don't know though what causes interference in the other room and what the real problem is. But since I'm moving to a new appartment soon I decided to keep the player (it does sound very good) and hope it will work fine there.
    Gleb.