What's new

Marantz DP870 (1 Viewer)

Martin G

Second Unit
What would be a good price on one of these. I am looking for a RF de-modulator for my LD player and I think that this model has one.

I can get one for what I think is a good price, but I wanted to know what people think would be a good amount to pay for one, as well as any info about the quality of this unit, and its RF de-modulation capabilities.

I've read a lot of good reviews about it, but they all are pretty old.

RayJK

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen these go from $140-$250 on ebay. I have one with box and manual if you need one. Make me an offer.

Real Name
Patrick E Hannon
Martin:

I have owned a DP-870 for many years (purchaced when first on the market) and think it sounds great. Reviews were all positive for sound quality. The unit does have a good rf demodulator for LD's. Over the five or so years in my system, I have had no problems, no loss of signal or strange decoding errors using a sony dvp-7000 and a couple of pioneer LD players. There is no center channel delay but it does have a nice bypass mode and individual channel level pots.

P.E.Hannon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks