What's new

Marantz AV-900 Problem? (1 Viewer)

Dave Koch

Stunt Coordinator
Hi:

IU just picked up an AV-9000, and I THINK I am having a problem. Was hoping those who have had this pre-amp for a while might comment!

Seems that I loose ALL programing (DVD=>DIG2 IN, all tuner presets) when I power off with the power button. They do NOT dissaprear whn I just put it in standby.

Am I missing something- like does it need batteries somewhere to keep memory, or do I need to do something special to lock those into memory... or do I have a problem?

Thanks!

Dave

Robert Ma

Second Unit
Its working as designed. My SR-19 is the same way. Pressing the power button is the same as unplugging it and there is no battery backup. The settings should stay for a little while.

Use stand by

Dave Koch

Stunt Coordinator
Robert:
That kinda sucks!:thumbsdown: So you spend all that time setting it up, and it looses it that quick. Hope there is never a power outage.
Thanks for letting me know.

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Dave,

How quickly did you remove the power from the AV-9000 after making your settings? According to the User's Manual on page 34, the AV-9000 needs to be powered on or in standby mode for at least 8 hours before the settings are saved into memory. Once that is done, the memory settings will be saved up to a week should you lose power or need to unplug the AV-9000 (or if by accident).

IMO, powering on from standby would appear to be less of a strain on any audio/video component.

Michael

Dave Koch

Stunt Coordinator
Michael:
Sorry it took me a while to get back. I re-programmed it last night, and powered it down this morning. Seems to have kept the programming. Thanks for pointing that out in the manual... I totally missed that!
I guess I was just a bit over eager... that, and my wife does not like remotes and turns things off at the source (anyone else got that problem?) ;)
Things are mellowing out, and she is starting to like this remote, so that is good.
I THOUGHT that something as advanced as this would be pretty remiss NOT to remember things!
Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks