Marantz AV-900 Problem?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Koch, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Dave Koch

Dave Koch Stunt Coordinator

Hi:

IU just picked up an AV-9000, and I THINK I am having a problem. Was hoping those who have had this pre-amp for a while might comment!

Seems that I loose ALL programing (DVD=>DIG2 IN, all tuner presets) when I power off with the power button. They do NOT dissaprear whn I just put it in standby.

Am I missing something- like does it need batteries somewhere to keep memory, or do I need to do something special to lock those into memory... or do I have a problem?

Thanks!

Dave

2. Robert Ma

Robert Ma Second Unit

Its working as designed. My SR-19 is the same way. Pressing the power button is the same as unplugging it and there is no battery backup. The settings should stay for a little while.

Use stand by

3. Dave Koch

Robert:
    That kinda sucks![​IMG] So you spend all that time setting it up, and it looses it that quick. Hope there is never a power outage.
    Thanks for letting me know.

4. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

That sucks. Means you can't use a line conditioner with sequential powering on of components.

5. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

Dave,

How quickly did you remove the power from the AV-9000 after making your settings? According to the User's Manual on page 34, the AV-9000 needs to be powered on or in standby mode for at least 8 hours before the settings are saved into memory. Once that is done, the memory settings will be saved up to a week should you lose power or need to unplug the AV-9000 (or if by accident).

IMO, powering on from standby would appear to be less of a strain on any audio/video component.

Michael

6. Dave Koch

Michael:
    Sorry it took me a while to get back. I re-programmed it last night, and powered it down this morning. Seems to have kept the programming. Thanks for pointing that out in the manual... I totally missed that!
    I guess I was just a bit over eager... that, and my wife does not like remotes and turns things off at the source (anyone else got that problem?) [​IMG]
    Things are mellowing out, and she is starting to like this remote, so that is good.
    I THOUGHT that something as advanced as this would be pretty remiss NOT to remember things!
    Thanks for the help!