1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Marantz AV 560 pre/pro

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark gas, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Mark gas

Mark gas Second Unit

I was at A/B Sound and saw the Marantz AV 560 pre/pro for $688 Canadian regularly $1288. I would like to know if anybody has ever used this or has any comments on this, is this pre/pro any good?

2. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Mark,

I have this excact pre/pro and am very pleased with it. The only thing it doesn't offer is an upgrade path to newer formats. If you are content with DD/DTS like I am, its worth the price. Especially here in Canada where it costs an arm and a leg for pre/pro's. I have mine hooked upto a Rotel RMB-1066, and the sound is fantastic. One thing about the Marantz is it comes with the RC-18SR(RC2000MKii) remote that goes for $300CDN itself. Considered the "Remote of Gods". Though I had the opportunity to trade mine for a RC5000i. If your looking to move to seperates and don't have a lot of cash to spend then I highly recommend. Otherwise keep saving. I paid $625CDN for mine of ebay(New in Box). Though I did sell my Denon 1801 for $575CDN so it only cost me fifty bucks out of pocket.

Kevin

3. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Mark,

Did you pull the trigger on the Marantz? If so what do you think?

Kevin