What's new

Marantz AV 560 pre/pro (1 Viewer)

Mark gas

Second Unit
I was at A/B Sound and saw the Marantz AV 560 pre/pro for $688 Canadian regularly $1288. I would like to know if anybody has ever used this or has any comments on this, is this pre/pro any good?

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Mark,

I have this excact pre/pro and am very pleased with it. The only thing it doesn't offer is an upgrade path to newer formats. If you are content with DD/DTS like I am, its worth the price. Especially here in Canada where it costs an arm and a leg for pre/pro's. I have mine hooked upto a Rotel RMB-1066, and the sound is fantastic. One thing about the Marantz is it comes with the RC-18SR(RC2000MKii) remote that goes for $300CDN itself. Considered the "Remote of Gods". Though I had the opportunity to trade mine for a RC5000i. If your looking to move to seperates and don't have a lot of cash to spend then I highly recommend. Otherwise keep saving. I paid $625CDN for mine of ebay(New in Box). Though I did sell my Denon 1801 for $575CDN so it only cost me fifty bucks out of pocket.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks