Marantz AV-560 and My Nak AV-7 question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard_T, Oct 14, 2001.

1. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

I have an opportunity to get a Marantz AV-560 preamp/tuner/processor at a really good price at my local Hi/Fi shop. Here's the question. I own a Nakamichi AV-7 receiver which is prologic. Can I use this processor with my receiver so I can connect other digital inputs (ie. my PS2 and a satellite receiver I am looking at also buying soon) and get DD and DTS for my DVD player? Can my Nak and the Marantz AV-560 play nicely together or am I just dreaming?
    I have to act soon since they only have the one preamp left.
    HELP! [​IMG]

2. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

bump!

3. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

Come on Nak owners, help me out here! Isn't there anyone who knows about this stuff that can help me out??

4. David_D_C

David_D_C Agent

If your AV-7 has 6 channel inputs (sometimes called "Dolby Digital Ready"), you should have no problems. The AV-560 is quite a nice unit.
    How much are you able to get the AV-560 for?
    [Edited last by David_D_C on October 14, 2001 at 07:18 PM]

5. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

Thanks very much for the reply David! Though my amp doesn't exactly say it's "Digital Ready" It does have the inputs. I'm using them now since I'm using the processor built into my DVD player to get DD. I can get the processor for $500.00 Canadian. Since the processor comes with the Marantz MKII remote, I think that's quite a deal don't you think? Though I already have that remote, I would think I shouldn't have too much of a problem selling it after I get the processor. Thanks again. I'd like to get a few more OK's before I buy it though. Just to make sure. [​IMG]

6. David_D_C

David_D_C Agent

$500 for the AV-560 is a really good deal. I've never used it but it got fairly good reviews.
    If I saw it for $500, i'd jump on it.

7. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

Where did you find reviews on it? I'd love to read it. Thanks again for the info David! I'm feeling pretty good about this purchase now! [​IMG]

8. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

Well, I'm getting ready to see my Hi/Fi guy about the Marantz AV-560 tomorrow. Am I making the right decision everyone??? [​IMG]