Marantz 8200 upgradeability

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Bejster, Jul 26, 2002.

1. John Bejster

John Bejster Auditioning

I'm one click of a mouse away from pulling the trigger on an 8200 from AC4L.com but have a couple of reservations. The first is that I understand that the 8200 takes a couple of seconds to lock into the digital signal when going through the layer change on DVDs. Secondly, I understand that the component video switching of the 8200 only allows output of a like input (i.e. component in, component out or S-video in, S-video out.) So my question is this. Does the upgradeability of the 8200 through the RS-232 port allow Marantz to address these "issues", or is the upgradeability only for future multi-channel formats? Any knowledgeable comments or speculation apprecialted. [​IMG]

2. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

If anything they should fix "problems" before giving you upgrades. Who knows. Perhaps email Marantz.

3. John Bejster

John Bejster Auditioning

I plan on e-mailing and/or calling Marantz on Monday. I kind of expect them to either give me the run-around or tell me, "Umm yeah, we're working on that..." Any other thoughts? My thinking is also that Panasonic had a series of firmware upgrades for their DVD players to address quirks. Does anyone think my two aforementioned concerns could possibly be addressed through the upgradeability of the 8200?