What's new

Marantz 8200 - HDCD support? (1 Viewer)

Vince Chan

Stunt Coordinator
I'm getting conflicting reports of whether the new Marantz SR-8200 has the capability to decode HDCD. There is no mention of this feature on their homepage and yet all the pics I have seen of this receiver show the HDCD logo on it. One of my dealers says no, the other yes. Can someone here who actually owns a 8200 please give me a definitive answer?
I know that the higher-end 9200 model supports HDCD, but its way to pricey for me :frowning:
Thanks in advance!

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
Vince, the SR-8200 does NOT have HDCD decoding capability. The picture on Marantz's website clearly shows the logo next to the THX Surround EX logo, but the actual shipping unit doesn't have the logo on it. :frowning: (You know that standard disclaimer: Prices and specifications subject to change without notice...) The picture on their website must be of a pre-production unit. The production unit does not have the logo on it, and does not have a spot on the display to indicate the decoding is active. There also is no mention of it in the owner's manual either.
My Mark Knopler "Sailing to Philadelphia" cd still sounds fantastic, even if the HDCD isn't being used. :)
Sorry!
Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks